Graduate Configuration Engineers write Country, Organization, Scheme and Benefit Templates using Darwin Configuration Language (DCL*). You will work with various internal stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into Darwin templates.
The Darwin Configuration Language (DCL) is a proprietary configuration tool, developed in Thomsons. This is used to create the basic building blocks of our platform (benefits, client schemes and interfacing).
There is no expectation that anyone applying for the role will have any background or prior knowledge of DCL syntax - training will be provided at the beginning of the role.
Examples of templates include:
What will you be doing:
- Country templates (tax systems, reusable calculations across a region e.g. state retirement age in the UK)
- Orgnaisation templates (standardised fields / inputs or calculations reusable across an organization)
- Scheme templates (benefit funding rules, enrollment periods across a Client’s scheme)
- Benefit templates (cost calculations, validations, selection options based upon a benefit provider’s products)
- Templates written by Configuration Engineers will be used to standardize and simplify the implementation of client schemes across the globe.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions using DCL
- Create Country, Organization, Scheme and Benefit templates using Darwin Configuration Language
- Maintain templates including change management for any updates to existing templates
- Work with technology teams on defining new functions in DCL to make template writing more efficient
- Produce documentation to reflect the content and available options of released templates
- Develop business process models and documentation relevant to the team’s objectives
- Assist Darwin Support teams with the debugging of templates
- Perform other job-related duties and activities as requested
- Respond to ad hoc exercises and issues
- Deal with workload peaks without compromising standards.
We are looking for a PINK person, with:
- Excellent communication skills in English – both spoken and written
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into a technical solution
- Ability to abstract and create a general solution for a problem (e.g. based on multiple benefits setups identify elements that are generic and need to form part of the provider’s product base template)
- Ability to generate relevant test case scenarios that can be used to test templates
- Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce high quality work with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a high attention to detail
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
Would be a plus:
What we offer:
- Basic programming algorithms
- Data serialization formats : XML, JSON.
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients.
We're looking forward to meeting you :)
Thomsons Recruitment Team.
Thomsons Online Benefits will use the personal data provided in this application to consider your suitability for a role within the organization and to communicate with you. Please find our full privacy notice on our Company Website – https://www.thomsons.com/about-us/careers/
There’s nothing ordinary about Thomsons Online Benefits.
Our passionate PINK culture, benefits expertise, collaborative partner ecosystem and our innovative technology are as extraordinary as our people. Our people, power the rocket ship that is our Darwin™ product – a cloud-based global benefits management and employee engagement software, used by some of the world’s most innovative companies.
500+ Thomsons People are devoted to helping HR and reward professionals to deliver impactful, cost effective benefit schemes, whilst enabling their employees to engage with their benefits, throughout their lives. We work with the world’s leading employers to maximize the power of Darwin™ in over 85 countries and around 25 languages
If you wish to apply directly please send us your detailed English resume at: RecruitmentCluj@thomsons.com
For more information please visit our careers website: https://www.thomsons.com/about-us/careers/